The Name of the Organization:
(Wyższa Szkoła Ekonomiczno-Informatyczna w Warszawie - WSE-I)
02 – 786 WARSAW
Contact Person's Name: Beata KAŁUSKA
Telephone 48 22 457 23 02
Fax: +48 22 457 23 03
Information about the University:
There are the following stages of study in University of Economic & Computer Science
In the School there are the following tracks of study:
1. Economics: Faculty of Economics & International Business, Faculty of the Economics of European Integration, Faculty of Economics, Finance & Banking, Faculty of Economics, Insurance & Risk Management, Faculty of Application of Computer Science in Business, Faculty of Economics & Law.
2. International Relations - Faculty of International Relations,
3. Computer Science Faculty of Computer Science.
The ways of education of Computer Science at WSE-I as follow:
- for the students at the Faculty of Application of Computer Science in Business;
- for the students at other economic faculties;
- for the students at the Faculty of Computer Science.
In the school on the bachelor's degree in the IT faculty there are teaching:
Computer science I- Word II. Computer science II- Excel III. Databases- Access IV. Forecasting& Simulation The Faculty of Application of Computer Science in Business Programming provide the knowledge: Advanced Databases, Information Systems Engineering, Computer Networks E - Business Information Systems, Internet Techniques. The subjects during THE BACHELOR'S DEGREE OF STUDY AT THE FACULTY OF COMPUTER SCIENCE are as follow: Internet Technologies, Computer Management Systems: Algorithms & Data Structures, Basic Theory of Computer Science, Programming, Software Engineering, Internet Application Languages, Basics of Digital Technology, Data Communication, Computer Architecture, Operation Systems, Computer Networks, Computer Networks Management, Dispersed Computer Systems, Databases, Data Warehouses, Forecasting & Simulation, Computer Graphics & Multimedia, Internet Technology, Internet & Business Applications, E - Business & Its Services, Information Technologies for Decision Process Support, Information Technologies for Management Support, Computer Management Systems, Methods of Artificial Intelligence.
PROBLEMS IN EDUCATION in WSE-I:
- Limited access to computers and the Internet
- Computers and the Internet are very expensive in Poland,
-Tiredness of the students,
- Some of the students have to do with computers the first time,
- Some of the students know only 10-20% of programs,
- Some of the students are operating only in Internet (e-mail, chat, communication etc.),
- Some of the students used it only as copywriter,
- Some of the students know only Word and basic elements of Excel (without even Power Point and Access),
- Some of the students know almost all about these programs but doesn't know for what purposes they are and in what way used them in real word.
This Year three New Faculties have been opened: English Philology, Sociology, Business Tourism.
Main Objectives and Tasks in the Project:
will organize a group of unemployed via local labour offices and will prepare and provide an on –line foreign language course for them.
Skip Course categories
Project title: IT Education as an activating factor of adults from areas under danger of unemployment
General information about the project
The project concerns adults who are looking for a job because they are unemployed or would like to change their present occupation but due to various reasons, especially connected with their environment, face difficulties in finding a job. The project program is aimed at people living in various weakly urbanized environments: countryside and small towns. The accomplishment of the project is a multistep program. Based on statistical data, in the initial phase of a project, target regions were defined and essential contacts with local representatives were made. The courses to be accomplished in the first step of the project were determined and their programs prepared:
Two of the above courses have already been carried out in a traditional way by the institutions that prepared the programs. After translating into national languages of the project partners the courses will be carried out in all participating countries. The accomplishment of the project will be based on blended learning, i. e., will involve traditional and modern teaching methods connected with IT. Due to the peculiarity of the project the main stress will be put on distant learning. Therefore in the second stage of the project the courses will be implemented on the e-learning platform Moodle, adjusted to the requirements of the project. In the final stage of the project all courses will be available on the e-learning platform Moodle and can serve as a support to traditional courses offered e. g., by Employment Agencies or can be treated as fully independent courses. As a supplement to courses, guides to courses and leaflets will be prepared.
The project is supported by European Commission as part of the Socrates Grundtvig 2 program (LLP).
Skip Global Search
Skip Online Users
(last 5 minutes)